How To Become A Medical Transcriptionist
Medical Transcriptionist are responsible for transcribing and sending information to physicians or clients to review and approve.
Accuracy is highly essential in this kind of job because whatever they transcribe, will permanently remains in patient’s record.
Learning how to become a medical transcriptionist involves knowing what their duties and the job entails.
Becoming a medical transcriptionist requires the following skills;
- A very fast typing skills
- Accurate typing skills
- 2 years of training from an accredited institute
- Certification program
Follow the following steps on how to become a medical transcriptionist
- Ensure you have high school diploma or GED
- Take a 2 years training course: This course includes all of the following courses
- English Writing and grammars
- Medical terminology
- Physiology and pathology
- Sit for American Association for medical transcription(AAMT)
- After passing your exam, you will become a Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT)
- After your certification, your chances of getting jobs is hire now.
- Apply for the jobs